We declare our commitment to the Five Freedoms Principles to ensure ethical animal farming to which all animals are entitled in compliance with both local and trading partners’ laws and regulations as well as with customer requirements.
We continue to invest in research and development of innovative animal feed and animal farming that are efficient, of high quality and ethical according to the Animal Welfare Principles.
We are audited by internal and/or external parties to ensure humane animal treatment. The audits also help us to understand problems, obstacles, and issues, thus continuously leading to opportunities for project development, creativity and development plans.
We support and encourage our business partners as well as contracted farmers to promote animal welfare according to our policies and requirements.
We engage with business partners, government agencies, civil society, research and academic institutes, and other stakeholders to raise awareness on animal welfare as well as to collaboratively develop good practices in animal farming based on the Animal Welfare Principles.
Operate our business in line with the Animal Welfare Principles and the Responsible and Prudent Use of Antibiotics
100% of animals are raised in accordance with the Five Freedoms Principles, and antibiotics must be used responsibly and prudently by
- - 100% of pregnant breeder sows are group gestation pen housing system by 2025 in Thailand operations and by 2028 in overseas operations
- - Layer farms in Thailand are transitioned towards a cage-free housing system
- - 100% Broiler farms in Thailand and overseas operations have Poultry Welfare Officers (PWOs) by 2020
Performance in 2019:
Transitioning farms for pregnant breeder sows to a group gestation pen housing system
- - 41% of Thailand operations
- - 28% of overseas operations
Layer farms are transitioned towards a cage-free housing system: piloted on the Wang Somboon farm in Saraburi Province
Broiler farms have Poultry Welfare Officers (PWOs)
- - 100% of Thailand operations
- - 100% of overseas operations